Sunday, November 18, 2012

Freezing Foods Tips


I am not feeling well today so I am only writing one article and the go and rest for a while. Maybe if I feel any better after my rest I will write some more tips. Okay this article is about the best to freeze foods I hope you will like it.



When slicing up beef or pork into bite sizes pieces to save time first partially freeze the meat by placing it in the freezer for 1-2 hours. You’ll find it much quicker and easier to slice.
 *
Use this trick to make unfreezing a portion of ground meat easier. Place the meat in a re-seal able plastic bag flatten than score into sections like a tic-tac-toe board by pressing a butter knife into the bag. Seal the bag and stick it in the freezer, and when need just a little ground meat you’ll easily be able to break off a chunk.
*
If you have a bunch of lemons that are about to go to bad—you guess it freeze them! First cut in slices, and then freeze on a baking sheet or in between pieces of wax paper. They’re perfect for adding to glasses of water.
 *
Blueberries and cranberries are two more foods that are easy to buy when in abundance and freeze for later. Place them in a single layer on a cookie sheet and place the sheet in the freezer. Once they’re frozen you can transfer them to a re-seal able plastic bag. Frozen berries are great in smoothies, pies, and even eating cold! 
 *
Whenever I am cleaning my refrigerator I am always throwing out half empty tomato paste. Even though tomato paste doesn’t cost that much I always feel as if I am throwing away my money. So now when I use half can of tomato paste instead of putting the rest of the can inside the fridge. I started separating the unused portion into plastic bags usually about 2 tablespoon a bag and freeze them.
 *

No comments:

Post a Comment